Toenail fungus infection (onychomycosis) is a difficult-to-treat illness that alters the appearance and texture of the nail. It can be treated using laser medical therapy. There are many different types of optical device treatment options, including those that utilize light and those that use carbon dioxide. The US FDA has approved laser treatment for toenail fungus.
Nails fungal infections usually require several laser therapy sessions to treat properly. Laser therapy requires between 6-18 months of constant treatment to be effective. While this toenailfungus laser treatment may have side effects such as pain or discomfort in the surrounding area, they are regarded to be safe.
Dr. SimaSoltani from the Podiatry Clinic of Irvine, California is known to be the best podiatrist who treats all kinds of foot and ankle problems. The clinic is known for using advanced tools and methods like laser therapy to give painless and quick treatment to their patients. Their toenail fungus laser treatment cost is quite affordable which makes them even more impressive.
Risk Factors of Toenail Fungus
Fungus flourishes in wet and moist conditions. Pools, hot tubs, saunas, and showers are all places where you might end up with toenail fungus. It majorly happens in shared or public facilities. If you wear perspiring socks or shoes for an extended period, you may develop toenail fungus. Toenail fungus usually begins as a small yellow patch beneath your toenails, so you might not notice it at the beginning.
However, the fungus can spread with time, making the toenail weak or damaged. It can also spread from beneath the nail and onto the surrounding skin of your toes and foot, thereby increasing the chances of athlete’s foot.
How Does Laser treatment Work
- The laser machine emits a ray into the toenail that contains thousands of laser pulses. This is done to kill the fungus.
- The energy from the laser destroys the fungal structure. The optical device machine has a focused wavelength that only passes through the fungus and nothing else.
- As a result, the traditional, healthy toenail part and surrounding skin are unaffected by this lightweight laser equipment.
Benefits of Laser Treatment
- The fungus beneath your nails can be destroyed by laser treatment, preventing it from spreading. Your nail will return to its original, natural, and healthy clean appearance once it has grown out.
- Alternative techniques, such as prescribed topical and oral medicines have had little effectiveness, but laser nail treatment shows fast recovery.
- Laser treatment has no side effects.
- It is safe and patients feel no pain.
- Topical or oral medication may take up to years to show results, but laser treatment is just 15 minutes process and the result shows within a few seating.
Prevention of Toenail Fungus
- It’s sometimes difficult to prevent toenail fungus, but in most cases, good hygiene will assist you to fight any illness.
- When your feet get wet, attempt to dry them off as soon as possible.
- If you’re in a very wet or public area, wear flip-flops to keep your feet from coming into close touch with a potentially unclean or contaminated surface.
- If you don’t have flip-flops or shoes, remember to wash your feet after being barefoot in a public place.
- Trim your nail to keep them clean. Do not share nail clippers with other people, since this will spread the chances of infection.
Following these few tips may help in getting rid of the potential chances of any kind of infection.
However, if the condition is severe then look up the net for toenail laser treatment near me.